Friday, September 10, 2004

A new one for the Stretford End

I feel an urge to take a wander up Bolton way this weekend to try it out: in a sea of grown men, every one of them a stranger, I would stand up proudly and holler loudly ...

Me: A Wop Bop A Loo Lop
Strange men (hesitantly): A Lop Bam Boo?
Me (encouragingly): Tutti Frutti! Wayne Rooney!
Men (with wonder at my genius): Tutti frutti! Wayne Rooney!
All (increasingly rhythmically; *with feeling*): Tutti frutti! Wayne Rooney! Tutti frutti! Wayne Rooney! A Wop Bop A Loo Lop A Lop Bam Boo!

Imagine being the *creator* of a brilliant, new, widely-adopted terrace anthem. Wow.

Unfortunately for me that honour would go to Dave Sant for actually coming up with the idea. But I think I'd probably still get some points for picking it up and running with it? (yes, I know, wrong ball game).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home