Sunday, July 11, 2004

In the beginning, there was rock and roll.

So, today, I have boarded the bandwagon, set sail for Blog Central, and mixed a few other metaphors along the way. A Streetcar named Blog. The Good Ship Blog. And so forth.

Why?

Because Morph has done it (more on him later).

Because I know lots of other people who have done it (well, I can think of one Lost Boy), and I like reading theirs.

And because I had a vision* today in which bloggers are the Future Feature Writers, i.e. those who've toyed with journalistic endeavours for years and quite fancy a weekly column, but who have never quite achieved this. In my case, it is for want of trying (and there's a phrase you don't often hear in the positive).

The musings that rudely thrust me through the shiny slidy doors of this train of thought (and blew the whistle quickly after, so that there was no going back) were brought on by dear old Radio 2.

(Have I just made a blog-pas? I quite like Radio 2).

And I'm going to make them a separate post all by themselves, just as The Maker intended.

Which makes this the end of my first post. Cor.

*Not strictly a vision, more of a realisation whilst driving along the A4074 (a truly inspiring road). Nor do I claim this to be a remotely original thought. I probably wouldn't put it in a blog if it were; I'd copyright and publish it in the respected "Journal of Blogging", or similar. I expect there is one (albeit with a more obfuscated title). I wonder if anyone will ever read this and let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger lourap said...

their's???? What's that apostrophe doing there?

11:51 PM  
Blogger Raps said...

*for shame*, sorry! corrected :)

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home